Friday 24 February 2012

Morbus Chron-Sleeper in the rift LP





















I've been listening to and buying quite a bit of metal stuff of late. There's a whole other world of bands that I don't know much about so it's fun and exciting discovering them. One such band is Morbus Chron. Me Saco Un Ojo records just released their 'sleepers in the rift' album onto vinyl as a split release with Detest records), given the quality of the stuff that label puts out, that alone was enough for me to investigate and I'm glad that I did because it's a cracker. This is old style death metal-make no mistake about it. There's a big Swedish style sound going on but I hear American bands like Autopsy in there too. In short it's not original but it does kick royal ass. Limited copies are on white vinyl and the overall package is damn sweet.

No comments: