Sunday 17 March 2013

Violent reaction-s/t 7" Edge day 2012 edition

I'd forgotten all about this one-mind you, it's an easy one to forget as it's so unremarkable as a package. This came out last October to celebrate Edge day.  At first I thought they were leftovers from a show as I bought this from the band online but seeing as their first 7" sold out within 20 minutes at the release show I doubt 20 of these would have lasted long anywhere. As soon as it was announced on the band's facebook page it was gone pretty much straight away. I was one of the ones who first saw the status on goofbook and automatically ordered one.
 So why is it so unremarkable-well it's the third pressing of the 7" in a plain cardboard mailer with a logo stamp, hand written and hand numbered and......erm..that's it. No bonus stickers, inserts or anything, just the 7", I could have made one myself.  Still I should count myself lucky, given the band's popularity right now, plenty of people would love to get one of these. Still, I can't help thinking that it could have been such a better package. The actual third pressing of the 7" in it's fold out sleeve looks nice though.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Not much to look at, but it does have a nice personal touch to it.

Mark-Sandwell said...

Have you got this record yet Mike?

Mike said...

I did, but I haven't given it much of a listen yet. Will probably be posting it on the blog this week.