Monday 7 January 2013

Turbonegro-Sexual harassment LP

It’s always tricky when a band gets a new singer. More often than not it spells decline especially with the die hard fans but in Turbonegro’s case with ex-Dukes of nothing front man Tony Sylvester, it’s just another chapter in their book of greatness. Easily the best band I saw in 2012 have also delivered probably the best album of that year too. Although this arrived about a month after I ordered it I got an instant download which I played at least 4 times in 12 hours-I knew I was hooked straight away. Tony’s gruff vocals add an extra dimension to the band’s awesome brand of rock. It kinda reminds me a bit of Jerry A’s (of Poison idea) style which is no bad thing. The music is still catchier than herpes and the lyrics are just as sleazy and twisted as ever.
 The vinyl package is nice. Gatefold sleeve on a hot pink coloured wax (only available through mail order). Essential to any fan. I do need to get on the case and add lots more to my Turbonegro collection though. Here we go again….


No comments: