Thursday 18 October 2012

Entrapment-Crawling morbidity 7"

I caught Entrapment last weekend at the bloodshed fest. I'd never heard of them before and had my friend not recommended them to me about five minutes before they played I'd still be ignorant to their existance. It's safe to say they were the best 'surprise' band of the whole weekend.
 They play old school death metal, a point their guitarist kept making when my friend talked to him 'Old school death NOT new new school' was what he apparently kept stating. It's most certainly that-with also a hint of hardcore punk in the style of  their delivery. Anyhow on the strength of their preformance I picked up this 7" on the soon to be defunct Detest records and on the strength of this record I'm gonna pre-order the debut LP.  Not sure how many of these there are but I'm guessing 500-1000 copies. With Detest records in it's death throes I can't see it being around too long.

No comments: