Monday 27 August 2012

Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell Don't Hear it... Fear it!! LP

I've missed the boat on a a couple of rise above releases which shows how high in demand their more limited versions are (usually the clear vinyl or die hard ones). I was determined not to miss out on this. I even stayed behind later at work so I was next to a PC when they hit the webstore. The ironic thing is unlike the other releases (like the uncle acid & deadbeats repress on clear which sold out in minutes) the most limited version (on clear, out of 100) was actually still in the store the next day. Needless to say it's gone now and commanding daft prices on Ebay but at least I managed to luck out this time.
 'Amazing' is how my mate described this album and I'm not going to argue with him. It is exactly just that. 70's style rock with a really dirty, gritty edge. Rise above don't half release some high quality stuff.
 The diehard versions came with a bonus 7". As already mentioned 100 were pressed up on clear and another 300 on purple. I only actually ordered the clear version but some of the purple ones got into the UK stores and my local record shop got one I decided to grab another copy. It actually was cheaper than Rise above and that was even before they added their overpriced post charges onto it. I don't mind owning another copy of this superb record and even the purple is sold out now.
 With a mouth watering menu of future releases lined up on Rise above (like the orange goblin represses) I'm hoping I'm back on the ball and ready to grab them too.

4 comments:

Mike said...

I got this the other day as well...except the Die Hard versions weren't up for sale yet, so I just grabbed the red vinyl. Damn, I wish that Rise Above vinyl included a digital download, because I need to get this onto my ipod and give it some playing time.

Mark-Sandwell said...

Same here. I keep looking for a sneaky download on the web but no joy yet. If I find one, I'll send you a link.

J@screamingforrecords said...

I've just got the uncle acid LP and love it. I'm guessing that being the case this is worth checking out and of a similar style??

Mark-Sandwell said...

Its more straight up rock than uncle acid + deadbeats which is across between doom and garage rock. Its still well worth your time though.