Monday 5 March 2012

Corrosion of Conformity-s/t LP White
























I hardly leapt for joy when I heard there was a new COC LP coming out. A couple of years ago I bought the 'your tomorrow' 7" on Southern lord and thought it was piss poor. It was closer to their 90's stuff (which I never liked) than their classic crossover era (animosity etc). Anyway a friend was going on about this new album so I decided to download it and give it a listen. To my shock horror I actually didn't mind it on first hearing and a few more plays later it really started to grow on me. I even like 'your tomorrow' a lot now (which is on this album). Yikes. Back in black records have put out this on double wax and some are on white-like my copy. It looks and sounds the bomb. If you're expecting 'animosity part 2' forget it. This is definately more of the stoner rock variety and dare I say it-NWOBHM like. Still I'm feeling this and that's all what matters.

No comments: