Sunday 5 June 2011

Crumbsuckers-Life of dreams LP test pressing



Anyone who got into hardcore via thrash metal in the late 80's should be familar with this album. How the fuck could you not be? Needless to say it's a true classic. I first heard this around the time I first heard Agnostic front's 'Cause for alarm' and DRI's 'Crossover' and was blown away. I hadn't heard Negative approach at that point but it's fair to compare Chris Notaro's hoarse vocal style to John Brannon. If NA had started playing metal, this is what they may have sounded like. Anyway this fucking album is a quarter of a century old and still grabs you by the throat full throttle style. The lyrics are still amazing too ("Bullshit society" etc)Fucking awesome. They did a second album too ('Beast on my back) which I love as well even though a lot of people don't like it now. I managed to acquire the European test pressing and it's pretty cool. As you can see the sleeve actually folds out so you drool over Sean Taggart's amazing artwork even more. Who knows how many there are of these but it's cool to own one of the rarest versions of this fucking amazing album. The only downside of listening to this album again after a while is that it reminds me how old I am. Damn!!!

4 comments:

mindset said...

that s right man this album it s crazy i buy this in 86

Mark-Sandwell said...

It was '87 when I first got a copy. Never thought I'd be writing about it 24 years later.

Mike said...

Right on! I picked up B.O.M.B. on vinyl last year. It had been a looooong time since I had given it a listen, and I think that I liked it more now than I did when it was released!

Lins87 said...

christ I remember buying this when it came out...played it so much my record player needle fucked up!!