Friday 27 May 2011

PARASITE / VERMAPYRE split 7"


More Parasite. This time we have two tracks on one side of a split. The first one is pretty mid paced while the second is some raging Discharge influenced punk. Great shit. The same can't be said about Vermapyre though. Is it black metal, is it punk? It's so badly played and recorded that I can't really tell. It's pretty bloody awful and totally soils this release. I got the pre-order yellow vinyl with patches from Holy terror records which seems sold out but I've just found out there's a purple vinyl out now, limited to 100. Damn!!!! Anyway despite the shitty b-side I'm loving Parasite right now. More please sir!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vermapyre's half was interesting and refreshing as a black metal & punk advocist. 'Return' is a killer anthem with great japcore vibes of punk, heavy metal & black metal influence. It's annoying to see close minded people discard it so quick.

Mark-Sandwell said...

Well I am entitled to voice my opinion whether I'm 'close minded' or not, especially since I paid for it. At the end of the day I did only purchase the record for Parasite. Must admit I'm not up on black metal these days. I did like it in the 90's for a while but I'm certainly out of touch with it now.

Mugsey said...

Vermapyre is none other than Dwid Hellion.

Mugs

Mark-Sandwell said...

Didn't know that. Still not feeling it though. I guess Dwid could put his name to anything and people would lap it up.