Friday 13 May 2011

ELECTRIC WIZARD Dopethrone 2xLP Green



It's very handy having a record shop just a mile from my house but of course I can't usually go in there without purchasing something so after record store day I decided to keep away for a bit especially since I've been buying records off various people online anyway. So the other day I popped in for just for a browse (honest) and there were about 3 items that I could have purchased on the spot but I had to restrain myself-well apart from buying another copy of Electric wizard's dopethrone on green. Come on-I'm not strong willed. Anyway for those keeping track, there was a repress last year on boring black which I bought since I didn't have an original copy on wax but when I saw this I just had to have it too. Not sure of the quantity of this yet, rise above's website is pretty shit-it's not even listed on there (neither is the new Firebird LP and that's out in the shops too). Still if they brought out another pressing next week on a different colour I'd probably buy that too. It makes perfect sense...to me anyway. I'd had a really shit day as well dealing with scumbags on public transport so going home and listening to this was the perfect soundtrack while I wallowed in hatred and fantasized about wiping at least 80% of the human population off the face of the earth.

No comments: