Saturday 4 February 2012

Motorhead/Girlschool-St Valentine's day massacre 10"






















It's always good discovering something in your house that you'd forgotten or didn't realise that you had. Such was the case when I found this nice 10" vinyl in a box of crappy records under the stairs that I was going to get rid of. Since I'm on a bit of a Motorhead trip at the moment, the timing couldn't have been more perfect. Recorded way back in Xmas 1980 with Girlschool, this is Lemmy and co on top form. 3 tracks and on a nice thick, heavy 10" record. I see the 7" seems to sell well on Ebay but this format is cooler.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Very cool. I love Motorhead, but I've never been interested in this because of the Girlschool side. Never heard 'em, but in the past I've had no desire to check out this record because of 'em. I may have to remedy that.

Mark-Sandwell said...

Mike, it's well worth getting a copy. Must admit that put me off-probably why I sat on it so long without ever giving it a proper chance. Glad i did. It now has a relevant place in my home.