Wednesday 16 November 2011

Boiling over-Barriers 7" (+ Tape)













Boiling over played great SxE hardcore and put out a very underrated 7" 'Trash city' a few years ago on Lifeline records. Their follow up was originally a tape. I hate those fucking things. Always have and always will, I don't care if there's a revival of sorts they still look and sound like shit. Anyway one of them landed as a freebie in a record order with Lifeline a while ago and despite the actual sound quality being piss poor (it is a tape after all)I wanted it on vinyl. My prayers were answered when I discovered that there had been 150 pressed on wax for their last show (in January 2010) and even better they still had some left in the lifeline store. So here you go-both releases back to back. I do like the 'go vegan' slogan on the tape though. Great band, they will be missed. By those who remember them anyway.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Cool band. I've got Barriers on vinyl, and I've avoided the tape format. Agreed...they suck.

Mark-Sandwell said...

They certainly do. They seem to be making an unwelcome comeback. Same with flexi discs. Fucking horrid things.

mcs said...

Backed hard! Tapes are the shittiest format of all time. God knows why some younger kids seem to think they are cool. I mean, at least records LOOK cool even if you strictly don't need to listen to them because of mp3s. But tapes... there is no excuse whatsoever for buying them in this day and age.

I don't mind flexi discs as much. I mean, they are records after all. But I fucking hate these new ones that are appearing all over the place for the simple fact that they are square. I was around when flexi discs were relatively common. But they were always round. These new square ones just look lazy to me. I mean, if you're going to make a flexi disc, at least cut it to shape so it looks like a record.

Mark-Sandwell said...

I do like to sit and listen to vinyl but flexi's don't count. I won't even put my needle on one of those fuckers. I didn't mind them as a strictly one off item (like that Integ demo thing at the beginning of the year)but more of them seem to be springing up.