Thursday 7 July 2016

Iron maiden-When it's time to rock 2xLP


Out of these four bootlegs this is my absolute favourite. Recorded at Bristol 1986 on the somewhere on tour, I used to play this one all the time via dubbed cassette (Hey I looked after my records well even back then). Somewhere in time was always my fave Maiden album so this one was a bit special. I was just a bit too young (14) to go and see them live in Manchester. It would be a year later till I busted my gig going cherry (actually before I busted my proper cherry!!).
 The quality on this is really good for a non professional recording. It's possibly my favourite ever gig that I never went to. In fact when I visited a friend once in Bristol we went past the Colston Hall and I actually thought about that magical evening that took place there all those years before.

No comments: