Saturday 10 March 2012

Sacrifice/Propagandhi-Split 7"



















If someone had told me in the mid 90's that this split would one day happen I would have considered them mad. In fact it was still a huge shock to me a year and a half ago when I first heard about it. I'm not normally a fan of just cover version releases but I can make an exception for this one. It's frickin awesome. Sacrifice do 'Anthem' by Rush (a band I'm only just starting to appreciate and love) and Propagandhi do 'Technocracy' by COC. I think my copy is a second pressing. The first press sold out straight away but I don't know if there is any difference between the two. As I said just the very idea of this release blows my mind. I was really into Sacrifice in the late 80's as a metalhead and Propagandhi have come a long way since their fat wreck days (just check out their last album 'supporting caste'-almost prog hardcore punk, if there was ever such a thing). This thing looks as lovely as it sounds too, housed in a gatefold sleeve and the artwork incorporates both the old rush and CoC sleeves. Shame there wasn't colour vinyl but that's a minor quibble.

1 comment:

Gavin said...

So much love for Propagandhi. I first heard them yeeeeeears ago on a Fat Wreck comp and have bought everything they've ever done. Amazing to hear how they've developed, almost unrecognizable now. But no less awesome.